The road less travelled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested. And have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect. Nothing is and no one is - and that’s OK. (Katie Couric)

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
-  Martin Luther King Jr.

-o0o-

THE SONG OF THE WANDERING AENGUS
William Butler Yeats 1865-1939

I went out to the hazel wood,
Because a fire was in my head,
And cut and peeled a hazel wand,
And hooked a berry to a thread;
And when white moths were on the wing,
And moth-like stars were flickering out,
I dropped the berry in a stream
And caught a little silver trout.

When I had laid it on the floor
I went to blow the fire a-flame,
But something rustled on the floor,
And someone called me by my name:
It had become a glimmering girl
With apple blossom in her hair
Who called me by my name and ran
And faded through the brightening air.

Though I am old with wandering
Through hollow lands and hilly lands,
I will find out where she has gone,
And kiss her lips and take her hands;
And walk among long dappled grass,
And pluck till time and times are done,
The silver apples of the moon,
The golden apples of the sun.

-o0o-

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.
- Helen Keller 1880-1968

-o0o-

NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL ART
was updated yesterday
http://nowthatswhaticallart.blogspot.com

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

No comments:

Post a Comment