The road less travelled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested. And have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect. Nothing is and no one is - and that’s OK. (Katie Couric)

Saturday, March 28, 2015

If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. 
If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile. 
-  Santosh Kalwar b.1982

-o0o-

Tiny Giggles

Silly giggles of laughter
I store upon a shelf,
I give some to others,
I save some for myself.
I am rich beyond all measure
Though not with worldly wealth,
I store up these treasures
For my heart and soulful health.
- Muse from "Enigmatic Evolution"

-o0o-

The breezes at dawn have secrets to tell you
Don't go back to sleep!
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep!
People are going back and forth 
across the doorsill where the two worlds touch,
The door is round and open
Don't go back to sleep! 
-  Rumi 1207-73

-o0o-

To hear never-heard sounds,
To see never-seen colours and shapes,
To try to understand the imperceptible
Power pervading the world;
To fly and find pure ethereal substances
That are not of matter
But of that invisible soul pervading reality.
To hear another soul and to whisper to another soul;
To be a lantern in the darkness
Or an umbrella in a stormy day;
To feel much more than know.
To be the eyes of an eagle, slope of a mountain;
To be a wave understanding the influence of the moon;
To be a tree and read the memory of the leaves;
To be an insignificant pedestrian on the streets
Of crazy cities watching, watching, and watching.
To be a smile on the face of a woman
And shine in her memory
As a moment saved without planning.
- Dejan Stojanovic b.1959

Stojanovic is a Serbian poet, essayist, and philosopher. He belongs to a small circle of poets who have been the main creative and artistic force of Serbian poetry over the last few decades.

-o0o-

NEXT POST TUESDAY

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-









No comments:

Post a Comment