The road less travelled is sometimes fraught with barricades, bumps and uncharted terrain. But it is on that road where your character is truly tested. And have the courage to accept that you’re not perfect. Nothing is and no one is - and that’s OK. (Katie Couric)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

pictures, poems and pearls of wisdom . . .


-o0o-

I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next. - Gilda Radner

-o0o-


-o0o-

Love Song
Spike Milligan

If I could write words
Like leaves on an Autumn Forest floor,
What a bonfire my letters would make.
If I could speak words of water,
You would drown when I said
"I love you."
- from Small Dreams of a Scorpion

-o0o-


-o0o-

Better than a thousand
Hollow words
Is one word that brings peace.

Better than a thousand
Hollow verses
Is one verse that brings peace.

Better than a hundred
Hollow lines
Is one line of the law, bringing peace.
- from the Dhammapada
 
-o0o-

NEXT POST WEDNESDAY 14TH NOVEMBER

No comments:

Post a Comment